One Blog |July 7, 2014 | POS Tracking Software
OnTrak’s POS Analysis and Reporting Tools — 2014 Enhancements
We Listen to Our Customers
OnTrak’s customers often subscribe to our Point-of-Sale (POS) Tracking Software, first to address the problems they are having keeping track of the ordering, production and placement of POS promotional materials.
As time passes, our customers typically want and need to use the data collected by OnTrak’s solutions to analyze overall POS campaign effectiveness and return on investment.
Now in 2014, we’re pleased to offer our customers a new version of our Detail Report Writer. This version includes updates and improvements based on requirements from our customers — Something we historically do as a normal practice of our business.
The Current Detail Report Writer
The Detail Report Writer is currently included in our products — SignTrak, PermaTrak, SampleTrak and MenuTrak.
The report writer had always been an easy-to-use but powerful tool for our customers to be able to determine:
- What types and sizes of POS materials are being produced?
- How much is being spent on POS materials and labor?
- Where and when was a campaign placed, by customer location?
- What suppliers and brands were represented in marketing campaign spending?
- What region, territory, sales team or ethnicity shared in the POS marketing investment?
- Was the POS actually placed on-time and in the correct customer location, and can that placement be visually verified?
Once sufficient data has been captured by the OnTrak products, and stored in the OnTrak data base, many things are possible.
Queries can be created, saved and run on a scheduled basis (monthly, quarterly or virtually any periodic basis desired), in order to determine not only the answers to the preceding questions, but also numerous other ad hoc queries.
Our Detail Report Writer allows our customers to select the data they want included on the reports and present it on-screen or download it into an Excel spreadsheet. The latter allows the reports to be viewed, printed, attached to an email, or exchanged with other business systems.
The New Detail Report Writer
So far in 2014, we’ve improved and enhanced the Detail Report Writer’s capabilities in SignTrak. This has been driven by requirement from beer distributors. Enhancements will be added to MenuTrak in the third quarter, also based on requirements from wine wholesalers. Requirements for PermaTrak and SampleTrak are currently being collected.
The following represent some of the enhancement in the new version:
- Processing Speed: The reporting process has been rewritten to provide more efficient data retrieval and processing resulting in much faster processing and production of reports
- Sort Selection Criteria: Two levels of sorting are now available for reporting; and subtotals are provided for both levels
- Summary Reporting: It is now possible to have a summary-only report instead of always having to see all order-level data; Summarization is based upon the sort levels, therefore offering a 2-level summary report capability
- Scheduled Reporting: Reports can be scheduled to run monthly, quarterly or by trimester (making it applicable to beverage alcohol suppliers and distributors); scheduled monthly reports, for example, will be run in the evening of the 1st day of each month and emailed to a specific email address or group
- Selection Filters: It is now possible to select multiple Suppliers and/or Brands; and with a click of your mouse allow the selection of multiple entries from any of the Filter Selection drop-downs.
As was mentioned, most, if not all of these enhancements have been developed in response to customer requests.
All of OnTrak’s POS Tracking Software solutions came to market as the result of listening to the needs of our customers and prospects. It is our passion to develop solutions to fulfill these needs.
For more information about OnTrak’s solutions, please click this button: